Thursday, May 03, 2007

Awesome!

Last night was my first night as a Group Assistant on a Dale Carnegie course and it was awesome. It began with some nerves. I thought about how well I knew my previous group and how we had become friends, and now I was back at the start with 35 unfamiliar faces.

But it wasn't the same. I was in the class knowing the material already and I had extra confidence that the others didn't have. I was able to mix with the group and talk easily with people, going up to complete strangers and start a conversation. And by the end of the night I knew almost everyones first and last name.

These are two skills that I always believed belonged to others, but now I see in myself that same ability and it was an awesome realisation.

It was also a lot of fun, even more than the first time, because the nerves left very quickly, and the ability to really enjoy the time was there.

Finishing Dale Carnegie for the first time was a great experience. Starting it all over again is simply awesome!

No comments: