Friday, March 07, 2008

Living My Dream

I'm instructing a Dale Carnegie in Red Deer that stared last night. As I drove home at around 10pm, it was late and I was tired, but I was wired. The reason - I'm living my dream. It struck me that after years and years of doing something for someone else and getting little satisfaction, I am now doing what I've always dreamed of doing.

It's a great feeling, because I know so many people who dread going to work, but I love my work. My time is precious and I'm spending it the way I want to. Being out late until 10pm isn't ideal, but it doesn't feel like work.

When I think back to just over a year ago when I started taking the Dale Carnegie Course, I didn't think that a year later I would be working for them and training a class. In fact I know that when I sat in the class as a Marketing Manager, becoming a Corporate Trainer seemed like such a leap that I had no idea how I would get there. Now I realize that you don't necessarily need to see all the steps, so long as you can visualize the direction.

Life changes very quickly when you make it happen. I committed to doing whatever it would take to change my life and now, here I am. Anything's possible.

No comments: