Friday, January 05, 2007

Uncomplicated Living

One thing you learn from children is that they have uncomplicated lives. They haven't had the time (and stupidity) that we as adults have to complicate matters.

When I look at my 15-month daughter and see how she lives every moment in the present, it's inspirational. She doesn't dwell on things or get stressed. If she falls down and hurts herself she cries and gets over it. Something that bothers her now will be forgotten in five seconds. "Moving on" is about finding something new to do. For example... "I'm upset that you took that toy out of my hand... but it's okay now that you've just given me a book to play with."

Wouldn't it be a simpler world if we all forgave and forgot as quickly as children do? Children are amazing and we can learn so much from them if we are prepared to.


No comments: