Saturday, March 03, 2007

Flowers

Today I surprised my wife at work with lunch and a bunch of flowers. It's part of my new outlook of making people close to me feel special... even more special than I've made them feel in the past.

It's only the second time I've surprised her at work with flowers, and gauging her response, it won't be the last.

She was delighted and proud to show off the flowers to her workmates, and enjoyed the lunch I had brought, down the chocolate cookie for dessert.

I realize that people appreciate gifts far more when they're unexpected, and on the spur of the moment, rather than because it's valentine's Day or an anniversary of some sort. Because there's no "peer pressure" to perform, it's all the more special.

Go and surprise your loved-one today!

No comments: