Friday, October 20, 2006

Inspiring Others

Ever since Thanksgiving when I gave hamburgers to some homeless people I've been thinking about how I can inspire people who will in turn inspire others, on sort of a "pay it forward" philosophy. If you haven't seen the movie "Pay It Forward" I highly recommend it.

While helping out some homeless people was enriching to a point, it didn't move me like I hoped it would. I think that's essentially because the effort I made with them stopped with them. A few people I've told about my experience have also been inspired in a small way, but not to the point that I feel it was an awesome experience.

And I'm looking for nothing less than awesome.

So I have an idea to help people who can in turn help others, and pay it forward. By inspiring 50 people directly, maybe I can inspire 50,000 indirectly, and I believe that over time this can gain momentum and get more people involved and affect millions.

At this stage I won't divulge the plan. I will wait until I have the ball rolling a little. This whole thing only came together as an idea yesterday, after being inspired by the Wayne Dyer book I've been reading.

I feel excited by this and I know it's the right thing. It's the first time in a long time that I've really been excited by something, and that in itself is awesome. I will write a book about the experiences I will have on this journey, which in turn will inspire others. It's a journey that will take me at least a year, but every moment will be precious.

Precious moments make a rich life.

No comments: