Monday, October 23, 2006

Living Your True Calling

Living your true calling is something that is quite difficult I realize, especially when you're not aware what your true calling is.

I know a few people who are in the stage of their life where they are not happy doing what they're doing, but have no idea what they should be doing instead. Last week I worked out one thing for sure. If you're not happy what you're doing now, then make some big changes, do some things you've never done before and get some balls rolling. Hopefully one of those balls will become the ball.

One thing I did a while ago was change my frame of mind. For a while I was only looking at the negative side of my life, where I really have a very positive life. It was only a matter of looking at the negative circumstances and asking what's good about them. This change of attitude started about eight to twelve months ago.

So I also decided that I should start pursuing some of the spiritual goals I had in the back of my mind that had never had any time put behind them.

I signed up for a tarot card class, and an evening meditation with spirit guides. Things started to happen from there, and suddenly I'm putting together a meditation group that meets every week and I'm calling a few people I haven't spoken to for a long time.

And then things start to change. I decide to drop my weekly ten-pin bowling in favour of weekly meditation, and as you've read in this blog, my third (psychic) eye is opening.

Now, in addition to what I've been doing, I've also been reading and reading. I refer back to my blog entry from August 21st, a full two months ago, when my spirit guide told me what I needed to know, although at the time it didn't make complete sense.

"I am Michael. Your spirit guide."
"What should I do?" I asked, hoping for clarity.
"Make phone calls."
"Phone calls? What phone calls? "What else? What else should I be doing."
"Paint like there's no tomorrow."
"That makes sense at least. And what about my writing?"
"You should write after you've painted."
"Hmmm... And what about Tarot cards?"
"Keep working with them."
"Okay. What about meditiation?"
"Meditation is good for you."
"Oh, and what about my job? What should I do about that?"
"Your job will take care of itself."
"What does that mean?"
"Use this time. You will know when the time comes to change."
"It will be clear?"
"Yes."

I believe it is now clear. I've told a couple of people my idea and received some very positive feedback, and some good ideas to tweak it. Although it will not financially sustain me (in fact the idea is one that is designed to lose money - but that's okay, because it helps people), and actually may never sustain me, I believe that one day it will because I believe this may also be my true calling. And if you follow your true calling, the Universe will provide for you.

No comments: